So I often have epiphany teasers while driving long distances or stuck in traffic. I call them teasers because they are never fully developed ideas and often disappear into thoughts about passing cars, or yelling at the person on their cell phone going 15 MPH taking up 2 lanes.
Here is some I was able to save today (VMware related):
1. What if I DID want an HA cluster to be split in two different locations, Why?
2. Why must we over-subscribe iSCSI vmkernel ports to make the best use of the 1gbe phyical nics. Is it a just the software iSCSI in vSphere? Is just something that happens with IP storage? I should test that sometime…
3. If I had 10 GB nics I wouldn’t use them on Service Console or Vmotion that would be a waste. No wait, VMotion ports could use it to speed up your VMotions.
4. Why do people use VLAN 1 for their production servers? Didnt’ their Momma teach em?
5. People shouldn’t fear using extents, they are not that bad. No, maybe they are. Nah, I bet they are fine, how often does just 1 lun go down. What are the chances of it being the first lun in your extent? Ok maybe it happens a bunch. I am too scared to try it today.